A treadmill is a type of exercise equipment used to exercise the lower body muscles, such as the legs and feet. They can be used for running, walking, and cycling to improve the cardiovascular system and muscle endurance.
Due to the popularity of home treadmills in recent years, many people have wondered if they can have a treadmill in their apartment. For most people, the answer is yes.
Home treadmills are excellent ways to get some exercise while watching television or listening to music; however, several factors must be considered when deciding if you can have a treadmill in your apartment.
Are you looking to run but don’t know how you can have a treadmill in your apartment? This article will help you answer that question.
In this article, we have discussed how much space you need to accommodate a treadmill in your apartment and the benefits and drawbacks of a treadmill that you should know before you decide to purchase one.
Why Do People Want a Treadmill in Their Apartment?
To make sure why do people want a treadmill in their apartment, we have come up with the following reasons.
- People are buying treadmills because they’re great for getting in a quick workout.
- They’re great for getting some exercise while watching TV or listening to music.
- The treadmills are great for weight loss.
- Many people don’t have the time to go to the gym and run on a treadmill, but they can use a treadmill at home because they get the convenience of a treadmill that can be used at any time.
How Much Space Do You Need For a Treadmill in an Apartment?
In this case, You’re going to see if you can have a treadmill in your apartment. It’s important to know the space you have in your apartment because if you have a minimum of much space, you may not be able to fit a treadmill.
Some of the most important things that you need to know about having a treadmill are the size of the space that you have, the height of the space, and the clearance that you have.
The clearance that you need to have a treadmill in your apartment is “The distance that you have between the back of the treadmill and the wall that you’re putting the treadmill against”.
To accommodate a treadmill, you’ll need a space that measures at least 19.7 to 26.8 inches of clearance on each side of the treadmill and 39- 45 inches of clearance behind the back of the treadmill, and floor height should be 6 to 8 feet tall. So it would help if you considered these measurements to make you have enough space for a treadmill.
What are the Benefits of Having a Treadmill in your Apartment?
Following are the benefits of having a treadmill in your apartment :
- The treadmill is a relatively easy piece of exercise equipment to use.
- The treadmill has a predictable surface that is much easier to negotiate than sidewalks, curbs, or trails, and the risk of tripping is reduced.
- The user can control all aspects of the workout: speed, incline, warm-up period, cool-down period, and energy spend.
- Generally, users can design custom programs to fit their exercise time.
- Multiple users can use the same equipment without adjusting the structure.
- Some treadmills have special features such as step counters and heart rate monitors to track fitness progress.
- Running on a treadmill generally burns calories faster than most other forms of in-home exercise, such as biking.
What are the Drawbacks of Having a treadmill in your apartment?
Following are the drawbacks of having a treadmill in their apartment :
- One of the biggest drawbacks of having a treadmill in your apartment is that it can be loud. It can be loud because the belt that the treadmill runs on is going to be moving, and it’s going to be going at a fast speed. So, if you’re living in an apartment, you will be using your floor; it can be noisy.
- The treadmills are expensive, and you’re going to be paying a lot of money for a treadmill.
- You’re also going to need to buy a motor and other parts to make sure that the treadmill runs properly.
- The cushioned surface of the treadmill may still inflict too much of a jarring impact on the back or stress the hip, knee, and ankle joints and cause multiple injuries.
- They can take up a lot of space and generally do not fold up.
- Like other equipment with computerized programs and motors, maintenance of treadmills usually requires a professional.
- Some treadmills have loud motors that interfere with other activities near the equipment.
- Treadmills provide a limited kind of exercise – walking to running – so some people find treadmills boring after a while.
In conclusion, it is important to have a treadmill in your apartment because it can be used as a form of exercise. However, if you will have a treadmill in your apartment, it is essential to know what size, space you have, the height of the area, and the clearance you have.
Here in this article, we have discussed, the purpose, benefits, and drawbacks of having a treadmill in your apartment, so you should know exactly whether you should consider a treadmill in your apartment or not.
We hope that this article has helped you have a treadmill in your apartment.
So, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
- How Long Does it Take to Walk 3 Miles on a Treadmill?
- How to Reset a Treadmill?
- Best Treadmills With TV Screen
- How to Clean a Treadmill Belt?
- Best Compact Treadmill Under Bed
- Best exercise bikes under $500
- How Long Does A Treadmill Last?
- 14 Best Folding Exercise Bike
- Best Low Profile Treadmills
- 12 Best Heavy Duty Elliptical