If you want to lose 40 pounds on a treadmill, you need first to ascertain how much weight you need to lose. Start by weighing yourself and if the results aren’t what you expected, keep on weighing yourself for a few days more. This will ensure that the results you get give a fair representation of your exact weight.
We all accept that we need to work out and exercise to better shape and stay healthy, but not everyone finds it easy to do so. So if you’re one of them, getting a treadmill for losing 40 pounds may be the answer you’re looking for.
How to Lose 40 Pounds On a Treadmill?
I’ll tell you how much weight you can lose while using a treadmill alone. This is considered an easy way to lose weight, but only if you keep track of your calories and diligently monitor your progress.
How to lose 40 pounds on a treadmill?
To start with, we need to understand how much weight you can lose on a treadmill. The best way to do this is to measure your current body weight and then weigh yourself every day or two for two weeks.
Keep track of the results and then take an average of the readings (or better still, use a Treadmill Calculator). If you can’t weigh yourself every day, do the tasks after two weeks and take an average.
Remember that there will always be fluctuations in your weight (weight loss is not a linear process), so you need to use an average reading to understand better how much weight you could lose on a treadmill.
For the sake of this article, I’ll assume you weigh 200 lbs and want to reduce your body weight by 40 pounds.
The best way to lose 40 pounds on a treadmill is as follows:
- Set your treadmill for a comfortable but not too easy speed, and then walk at that speed for 30 minutes every day.
- Make sure that you record your weight and monitor progress daily or every alternate day (if you can’t weigh yourself every day).
- Reduce your food intake so that the calorie deficit equals 350 calories per day; this will help burn an additional 10 pounds in one month. In addition, aim to burn 3,500 extra calories per week through physical activity.
- Reduce intake of fatty food and junk food with high caloric content (such as oil). Read this article if you want to know how to lose weight by cutting down on fat in your diet.
- Keep a count of the total number of calories you consume and the total number of calories you expend (this is where a Treadmill Calculator can help)
- Maintain steady progress, or else your momentum will be stalled. You may need to mix things up now and again, so don’t do the same treadmill daily workout.
- Don’t make drastic changes in your food intake or increase your exercise routine. This will only lead to one outcome you not being able to sustain it, and eventually, give up on exercising altogether.
- Do some cardiovascular exercises 2 -3 times a week to speed up your weight loss.
- Reduce your calorie intake gradually to prevent any negative impacts of sudden weight loss. Make sure you are not under-eating either.
- Keep up with the treadmill exercise, no matter how hard it gets or even if you miss a day or two.
How To Maximize Calorie Burn And Weight Loss?
The number of calories you can burn while running on a treadmill depends on the intensity of your workout.
100 calories burned per mile for someone weighing 200 pounds, if speed is 3 mph
125 calories burned per mile for someone weighing 200 pounds, if speed is 4 mph
170 calories burned per mile for someone weighing 200 pounds, if speed is 5 mph
180 calories burned per mile for someone weighing 200 pounds, if speed is 6 mph
Your weight loss will depend on several factors, such as your gender, age, height, and workout intensity. The above numbers are just examples. You can use a Treadmill Calculator to determine how much you burn when you run on a treadmill. Moreover, the number of calories burned also depends on your weight and speed.
Can I lose 40 pounds in 2 months if I run on a treadmill for an hour every day?
Yes, you can, as long as you reduce your calorie intake by 350 per day and increase calorie expenditure through running by 3,500 calories per week.
However, it will be difficult to lose 40 pounds in 2 months, this is because of the variations in your weight. Furthermore, it is important to maintain a calorie deficit while exercising so that your weight loss momentum doesn’t get stalled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q How long should it take to lose 40 lbs?
It takes time; it’s not a linear process. You will probably see some initial progress quickly, but the rate of progress will slow down as time goes on. You can lose 1-2 pounds per week after the first month or two, assuming that you are making forward progress at that point.
Q How many calories are burned running on a treadmill for 30 minutes?
The number of calories burned running on a treadmill depends on several factors such as time spent running, the intensity of the run, your gender, age, weight, and so forth. It is difficult to predict the exact number of calories burned without a Treadmill Calculator.
Moreover, you can use a calorie calculator to determine how many calories you burn running on a treadmill.
Q Can I Lose Weight While Running on a Treadmill?
Yes, you can lose weight while running on a treadmill. You can also add strength training to your workout routine for faster weight loss results.
Strength training plays an essential role in maintaining muscle mass and increasing your metabolism.
So, you can see it is not too hard to lose 40 pounds on a treadmill. All you need to make sure is that daily calorie intake should be less than using up calories. It might look complicated at first, but the results are worth it.
If you need more help, you can hire a running trainer to give you personalized treadmill workout plans.
Along with exercising regularly, make sure that you stick to your goal by setting attainable goals. Don’t forget to stay hydrated as you work out. Also, if you are overweight, consult your doctor before starting any diet or weight loss program.